1756-ENBT IP Address

bone

Hello all. Trying to set (and read) the IP address of a 1756-ENBT in ladder logic. The sample in the Rockwell KB (G82553071) was no help. I need to know what comm path to set in the message. Anyone have any success with this in the past?

bone

This is easier than it sounds. There is a very good explanation of CIP Path definitions in the RSLogix 5000 Help file and the Instruction Set Reference.

If the 1756-ENBT module is in your I/O tree for I/O purposes, just set the path to the module name. Nothing else is required.

If the 1756-ENBT isn't in the I/O tree, the path is still very simple: 1, x

where 1 = Backplane port of the Logix controller, and x = Slot Number of the 1756-ENBT.

Search the Knowbase with the keywords "CIP Generic" and you'll find a lot of examples of how to use that powerful tool on the 1756-ENBT module.

Ken,

My situation is this: I have a master control rack with 1 ENBT, and 2 secondary racks, each with processor and ENBT's (not to mention I/O). The 2 secondary racks are addressed 10.0.7.22 and 10.0.7.23 respectively, and use both produced and consumed tags from the master rack. I need to send a spare rack out with the job, and need to have the end-user be able to address the unit on-the-fly. Am I going to have an issue with the produced/consumed tags? Just thought I'd ask prior to spending alot of time proceeding. Thanks