ML1400 ethernet connection

bruzynski

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does the ethernet port need to be connected to a switch or hub before it is connected to a wireless adapter?

I have a ML1400 connected to LAN port on a MOXA AWK-3121 setup as a client talking to another moxa setup as AP. But when every thing is first powered up the ML to moxa ethernet connection blinks a few times but never establishes a connection. If i pull the patch cord out and put it back in the connection gets established right away...is driving me nuts. Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Technically/Officially, you should use a crossover cable between the ML and your Moxa if there is no switch/hub in between. Perhaps it's an auto-crossover issue not detecting right away properly on power up. The Moxa has MDI/MDI-X capability, but sometimes I've seen for some reason, this feature doesn't quite cooperate with PLCs.

If you have a crossover cable and some time, try it!

I tried a crossover cable but it didn't work. This why it was causing me such a headache. I have a feeling that there is an issue with the radio's updated firmware...but how do I prove that?