Red Lion - Parker comms issue

Hi all,

I've had this problem for a long time now, but have always found a way round it, decided it was about time I try and solve it.

Not sure if the problem is on the Red Lion side or the Parker SSD side but it is as follows;

Using a G304K I set the RS-485 mode to SSD Drives 635/637 (I know I am now using the 638 drive but the problem was first seen on a 637).
The Drive is a Parker SSD 638 with four wire RS485 comms module.

The problem is this and is the only comms issue I have found;
I can write directly to a variable from the G304k to the 638 with no problems, the value I enter is correct to the value received by the drive. However, when trying to read a Variable back from the drive the value makes no sense, as a count of 1 on the drive variable comes back as 16777216 on the red lion display.

Now I have tried scaling but this only works up to a small limit before the display starts going negative.

The only way I have been able to get round this so far is to set the red lion tag up with a trigger, so when the variable changes another red lion tag is increased by 1. This works fine up to 300 counts a minute, but we have counting needs up to 4000 counts a minute.

The drive has been tested and seen to work up to 3000 counts a minute so far, but I simply cannot display this value correctly on the red lion screen.

As far as I know I only have this issue when using RS232 or RS485. CanOpen works perfectly, but isn't available on the G304K.

So if anyone else has seen this, or knows of a way around the issue, please let me know.

Regards,

Garry.

Hi, tried everything so far, I'll have another go with this but haven't been able to solve it yet after 2 years. Always found another way to do the required job.