WinCC Comfort BV Script for Email

DLMUK

Hi,

I am using this command which I have in a VB script and then linked to a button on my HMI screen.

Sub VBFunction_1()

SendEMail SmartTags("AddressTag"), "Confirmation", "This is a VBS Test", "[email protected]"

End Sub

what I would like to do is be able to create an email body which can have multiple values in, to include 3 strings, 2 integer, 2 date and 1 real.

does anybody know if you can do that in the VB script of does it only allow you to send a single string val?

thanks

You can contaticate variables to make one string using the "&". Note you should convert your variables using the CStr(variable).

Ex:

Dim EmailSubject
Dim EmailMessage
Dim EmailReturnAddress

EmailSubject = "Confirmation"
EmailMessage = Value1 is " & CStr(SmartTags("intvalue1")) & " and Value2 is " & CStr(SmartTags("realvalue1")) & "."
EmailReturnAddress = "[email protected]"

SendEMail SmartTags("AddressTag"), EmailSubject, EmailMessage, EmailReturnAddress

Hi

That's perfect - thanks!

do you know if it is possible to attach images stored on the HMI, or attach files from the USB stick to it?

What I would ideally like to do is attach a report to the email and send it, I can use the PrintToPDF drivers to save the report. Just not sure how to attach it.

thanks