Help creating a pvp prompt screen

stu

Hi guys
I need some help with programming a pvp ME Screen , the plc is a micrologix 1400 on Ethernet ,
The thought behind this prompt screen is we have a mixer weigher system delivering flour from a silo which is selected via a key switch for silo flour or bag flour (not silo flour)
When the recipe is changed on the mixer I would like a prompt screen to come up a say have you change the silo with and indicator in the corner showing the key position and a yes no buttons if yes is pressed we can move on to the next sequence in the plc and screen disappear
Can this be done and how can I do it ,I hope this makes sense thanks stu

If you're using a recipe number as a DINT in the PLC to determine what recipe you are running, I would do the following:

On startup, recipe# is = 0 (I imagine)

When recipe# is = 0, MOV the recipe# on a ONS into a RECIPE_COMPARE DINT tag. This will set the RECIPE_COMPARE to 0. Then examine the RECIPE_COMPARE tag and the RECIPE number tag to make sure they are equal. When the RECIPE # tag changes and is no longer equal to the RECIPE_COMPARE tag, MOV the RECIPE # tag into the RECIPE_COMPARE tag and set a flag that it's been changed. The flag can activate your prompt on the HMI.

Once the prompt has been acknowledged on the HMI, reset the flag until the the next time the two numbers aren't equal.

Hi guys
I need some help with programming a pvp ME Screen , the plc is a micrologix 1400 on Ethernet...

I would like a prompt screen to come up ..

Sounds like you need to assign a word address (I say word address instead of tag since it is a Micro 1400) to the Global Connections --> Remote Display Number.

If you then change the value of the word the screen displayed on the HMI should change.

(Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't have ME Studio on the laptop, so I am writing this from memory)

This link might also help..

Oh yeah, Micro 1400. So you'd use the N file instead of a DINT tag, but the process would be the same.
Assign (for example) N7:0 as your recipe number and N7:1 as your recipe compare number. At first scan, copy N7:0 to N7:1 and then have a rung that compares the two with a NEQ instruction. If you are determining your recipe change some other way, and the PLC already knows when it changes, then the only thing you need is what Ian was referring to.

Under Global Connections in ME you can assign another N file address on the PLC to the "Remote Display Number" under the Display tab. If you right click on the background (not on any object) of a display in FTViewME and select "Display Settings", you can assign an integer value in the "Display Number" field. If you’re going to use this tool, it’s a good idea to assign every display with a unique value.
Once the application is running on the PanelView, the program will monitor the N file address that you assigned under the Remote Display Number, and it will force the PanelView program to navigate to whatever screen number is equal to that N value in the PLC. To unlock control and allow the operator to navigate wherever they want, you need to set that value back to a zero. So your flag for a recipe change will go high, you will MOV a value into the Remote Display Number on the PLC (the value that is equal to the Display Number of your prompt screen), which will then force the PanelView to the prompt screen. The operator won’t be able to navigate away from the prompt screen until they acknowledge the silo change, which should then MOV a 0 back into the Remote Display Number.