Simatic ProTool/Lite

Mylo

Hello All,

Would anyone know a simple/Quick method of creating "Tags" in Siemens Simatic ProTool/Lite. I seem to be only able to create Tags by selecting each, one at a time. This is quite a labour intensive exersise as I cannot select the structures only the elements. Obviously this is to ensure that I can place Limit values on each Tag. However I have a couple of hundred to do and its a tiny bit cumbersome.
The method I use at present:

>RightClick - Tag insert
Open tree to Structure
>Click element
>Apply
>ok
-Limit Values.

Any ideas?? can I import Symbols automatically?

Cheers,

Mylo

Yes you can import symbols.You just have to go to the Hardware Configuration in Step 7.And then you assign the simoblic names to all the inputs,outputs...etc and then click add symbols.
Now in Protool when you define the tags just click on the with symbols check box and your simbols will appear.

I hope this helps and that I'm not way off on my answer :)

Hey NoName,

Sorry reword the query,
""can I import Symbols automatically?"" should have read " Can I Import the Data as Structures into Tags?"

I can import symbols easily as you say however its the Tag generation I was hoping to find easier. i.e by selecting the structures themselves

Cheers for the reply though

THanks Jesper,

I'll give Siemens a Call and ask them to re-write Protool Version,,

well its worth a try isn't it !!! :D :D :D

Mylo