yellow question mark on Rslinx

xltek

I met a yellow question mark on Rslinx for Schneider HMI STU855.
The loop connection is my PC, 1761-net-eni, switch, HMI. I can see ENI and HMI and download to HMI, but there is a yellow question mark on Rslinx, I guess it is related to EDS file, but I can't find it to verify it. These are a lot delta icons on HMI for warning connection. Anybody can help me with that. Thanks in advance.

A yellow question mark without a red X indicates that the EDS file for the device has not been registered on that computer. The remedy is to find and install the EDS file.

A yellow question mark with a red X indicates a browse timeout. This always indicates a physical disconnection, a basic misconfiguration, or a resource limitation.

Because you do not use RSLinx to communicate with the Schneider HMI, you do not need to take any action with RSLinx or EDS files.

The warning icons for your HMI are the important part. I've never used one of those and am not familiar with the meaning of that warning icon.

Thanks Ken

Thanks. The problem is that HMI can't communicate with PLC right now. But they can communicate with PC. I'd like to know if I need to treat PLC with DF1 driver or just Etherner (via ENI convertor)

I'm using the Magelis HMISTU855 with Micrologix 1400 PLCs and have some experience setting up different comms to this particular HMI.
You mention your "loop connection" laying out the path from PC to HMI, but no mention of the PLC in this localised network? Or is it the PLC, not PC connected to the ENI? If so the ENI only converts DF1 to Ethernet, so you would configure the PLC port to DF1.
The warning traingles on HMI mean there is no valid path to PLC from the configured variables on the panels. Your driver for PLC may not be configured correctly in Vijeo Designer as well.
Any questions fire away.

G.

Last edited: