Newbie question

ctw3

Hi everyone, first post here, but have been reading a while.

I work in the HVAC sector and am hoping to learn a bit about AB PLC's.
I have some test gear I have purchased and setup, been talking to it and trying things for a day or two.
I have come across a problem and after searching through these forums and some manuals I have, I think I realise that I am searching for the wrong thing, because I can't seem to find an answer.
My problem is that I have a simple switch and at the end of the rung a bit, when I go online my switch works, but the bit doesnt change state. I cant for the life of me see why not. I have other switches as inputs, and they all change state online, but no action from any bits. I have them called B3:0/0 etc.
I am using a 1746-P1 in a A4 chassis with a 1747-532C/D CPU. The three cards I have are a IN16, a OW16 and a NT4

I feel a bit silly asking what I am sure is a simple question, but I have read so many things I think I might be going in circles.

cheers

Charlie

Hi CTW3:
My best advise is to download the manual 1747-rm001c from www.ab.com, go to literature and look for it and download it, from there on you can have all the answer related to your slc500 plc.
hope this will help

Several things to check.
1) is the PLC running. Your input status will show regardless.
2) is the ladder the logic is in running. only ladder 2 runs without a jump statement.
There could be something in the program also but one of those would be my guess

alanMICS said:
Several things to check.
1) is the PLC running. Your input status will show regardless.
2) is the ladder the logic is in running. only ladder 2 runs without a jump statement.
There could be something in the program also but one of those would be my guess

Shows that I have been missing things due to reading no much material in the last few days.

I dont have a jump statement....d'oh

Thanks for the answers guys, I am headed to the link widelto gave to have a bit more of a read.

cheers

Charlie

Don't feel bad. Every one who has ever programmed an AB PLC has done this and if you haven't your lying. ;)