PV300 5/03 cable

ctw3

Hi all,

sorry for asking a question which has probably been answered a lot in here, but I cant seem to find the right part number.

I have a PV300 and a 5/03 SLC, can I connect the PV to a channel with my PM02 and then connect my PC to the other channel with my standard CP3 cable?

I think I have got myself confused with channels and part number...

cheers

Charlie

Yes you can use the 1761-CBL-PM02 cable to connect your PV300 Micro to your SLC5/03's serial port. The SLC5/03 serial must be configured for DF1 protocol and match the baud rate of your PV. ( see PDF below for connection diagram)
The other port on the SLC5/03 is a DH485 ( RJ45) port only.If your computer/Laptop has a real serial port then you can use a 1761-NET-AIC with proper cable and the DH485 driver in RSLinx to connect. You can also use a 1747-PIC device ( older device also need real serial port) to connect to the DH485 port same DH485 driver.
Your best choice for this DH485 port is the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

Sweet, I knew there was a way to do it, for some reason I could olny find the 1747-PIC, not the 1747-UIC which is what I need.

thanks Mickey

cheers

I think I need some advice with something else, in relation to the above.

I have my 5/03, and my PV 300 2711-M3A18L which I now know what part I need (thanks to Mickey)

I also have another 5/03 which I would like to add a Panelview to. I dont have the Panelview yet, but I would like touch and color. I will look at purchasing once I work out what I can/ can't do with it all,

so here is the plan...

My 1st 5/03 and the PV300 are connected to my brewing outfit I have, controlling valves, water flow, a pump and a few thermocouples, works great.

I wish to add my second 5/03 to control general home duties, some lights, water pump on my rain water tank and anything else i can think of.

Due to switchboard space, and cable length, the second SLC can't be installed where the brewing one is, and I want the new color screen upstairs. We are not talking huge distances here.

I would like to access via my home LAN if I can. So can I get a 1761-NET-ENI and then join that to another comms device which my 5/03's will be attached. Or do I need to get a NET-ENI for each SLC.

ie, can I ethernet to a DH485 network, which has a 1761-NET-AIC and some 1761-AIC modules?

I am sorry for the long post, but I wanted to hopefully give as much info as I could.

cheers