PV550 cable

ctw3

I know these types of questions have been done to death, but for all the searching I couldn't find an answer.

I have a Panelview 550, 2711-B5A5, is there a cable available to connect this directly to a 1747-AIC

In other words, is there a DB9 to RJ45 cable, or a pinout available?

I have a setup at the moment with the PV connected to a 1747-NET-AIC, along with a SLC 5/03 and it all works fine, but I wish to add to my network and want to move the NET-AIC to another cabinet.

I have tried passthrough, but I can't seem to get it to work on my 5/03, so I can't see my PV550 on my DH485 network if I use a straight-thru cable, but PV to SLC comms works fine. I guess I could just do prog changes to PV with a CF card.

Any help mucho appreciated

cheers

Charlie

I don't know of a DB9 to RJ45 by AB. The pinout for the RJ45 port is available at AB's knowledge but you need a tech connect contract to view it. ( I don't have one)

The passthru should work, but you need a null-modem cable to connect to the SLC's serial port and then configure the SLC for passthru, See PDF below.

To add to your DH485 network you will need another AIC and just daisy change them together. Do you have 1747-AIC or 1761-NET-AIC?

Thanks for your help Mickey. I should have explained myself better in the first post. I am trying to communicate from PC connected to a NET-AIC using the PIC driver, along my DH485 network to a1747-AIC, to a SLC 5/03 with pass through to the PV550.

My DH485 network works well apart from this, I don't even know if it can be done. I found your attached doc on another post of yours while I was searching, but it seems to only talk about DF1 pass through.

I am under the impression that if I want my PV550 on my DH485 network (and can program the PV as well) then I need to connect my PV to a NET-AIC, not an SLC or a AIC.

This is how I have done it in the past, and of course it works fine. Just means I have to purchase another NET-AIC. I was hoping to do it with a cable, or a AIC

cheers

I think you have answered your own question. ( Need another AIC)

There is a AB knowledgebase I.D 26693 for SLC5/03 DH485 to DH485 passthru.
You need a tech connect to view.