Siemens change station name

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, looking for some help here.

I have a Siemens 317 CPU. Originally the project had the default station name of 'SIMATIC 300(1)'. This was in the project for the default download. I have updated the offline project to a new name 'Project 1'.

Now when I try to download I get a 'Download to Module' dialog box showing me the different station names.

I can click on 'OK' and it downloads, but then it repeats the issue for every download.

It doesn't seem to be downloaded with the HW config, or the system data.

Do I need to clear the MMC card and download the project fresh?

How are you downloading?
If it's just downloading the station object from the SIMATIC Manager, try opening the hardware configuration and just downloading that.

Another option would be to use the Primary Setup tool to go online with the controller and change the name.

tim2,

What you are describing sounds more like updated a Profinet station name.

I have downloaded HW config, system data, the entire project. Nothing seems to update the station name I am referring to.

I have attached an image with the dialog box that pops up. In the upper right corner I included a little snip showing the station name from the project tree that I am referring to.

StationName.png

Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that.

Have you tried clearing the MMC and downloading again?

The person on sight is having SD reader issues and can't read the card in his PC. Going to have him re-install drivers.

I never would have thought of that. Looks like it worked on my test rack. I will have him try it in the field.

Thanks!

:site: