STEP 7 fb HELP

madunlap

Team,
I built an FB in one S& 300 processor and I copied it into another. When I try to use the FB the outside of the instruction is blue dashed lines. And the FB doesn’t function as it does in the processor that it was built in.
I have attached screen shots of the FB and the code inside it.

You are sure that you have downloaded the new FB and the Instance datablock to the new CPU?

If TempCount is in the temp stack you need to add a new network and load 0. Temp stack can contain anything and must be written to before read

Last edited:
Add a new network at the beginning of the FB where you load 0 into tempcount.

There is no need to have an FB for this function you can convert to an fc if you want

How is this one acting differently than the original?

I believe the blue dotted line (or default solid green line) around the outside of the FB refers to the status of the BR bit in the logic (inside the FB) So if the BR bit is low, you will have a blue dotted line and the ENO will not be high (so any logic after the ENO will be false, unless it is negated). If the BR is high then you will have the solid green box around the FC and the ENO will be high also.

EDIT:
Is your 'temp_count' really a temp ? Or is it in the stat area of the FB interface?

Thanks team, i got it.
I had to move the "move statment to the top that made it count correctly
and i added a (save) statment on the last network this made the eno true and made the fb solid green.
Thanks...