Finding a DB in TIA PORTAL

userxyz

Hi,

Just wondering, can you search for a certain DB nr or FC nr in TIA Portal ?
We have received a big project with big folder structures. Someone pointed to a DB number in a mailing and we are trying te find this DB without knowing its name...

Thanks,
Kind regards,
G

Name based

Hi,

In Tia everything is name based and the DB number is chosen automatically except if setted manually. Even if we don't work with numbers, each DB has still a number given like the old Simatic.

Kind regards,
Gerry

What do you mean by DB number? As they are displayed as default in folders on the editor page.

Which version of TIA Portal are you on?

I have Version 13 and all the objects display their number in the Project tree. For example:
- Main [OB1]
- Valve [FB1]
- Data_Block_1 [DB1]

Likewise, there is a Details View (Ctrl+4) that displays all this in a list format.

Last edited:
See gets you what you need.

In project tree:
Right click on 'Program Blocks'
Click 'Cross References'

Then you can sort by the address column.

I havne't found a good way to 'find' DB numbers, but at least this lists them in numerical order

There is also an "Open block/PLC data type" window, where you can type in exactly what you want to open, either the name or number. This wasn't in V11, but it exists now, so I'm not 100% sure what version it showed up in. Maybe V13?

This can be accessed either by right clicking on the Program Blocks, or by hitting F7.