Panelview 300 Micro upload issues

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to upload a program off of a panelview micro 300.... without much luck.

I am using a 1747 UIC, which I believe is necessary because from what I can tell, the unit is setup for DH485. The PLC(micrologix 1200) is setup to use DH485, baud 19,200, and node address 1. The panel communicates to the PLC, so I know the comm port is working.

I installed panelbuilder32 and when I try to upload using the UIC driver, It quickly throws the following errors:

error 2258 unable to communicate with operator terminal, did not receive a response
error 2258 verify your cable connections
info 2258 if you are using a direct connection to a panelview via df1, insure that the panelview does not have its printer port enabled.

I am kind of stuck here and was hoping that maybe someone could shed some light that has more experience with these.

PanelBuilder32 has a built-in direct DF1 driver, and can also communicate using RSLinx Classic.

Which method are you using ?

If you are using RSLinx Classic, does the PanelView 300 Micro show up in an RSWho browse ?

I am using the rslinx option. I figured I had to use this option since the panel was setup for DH485.

Yes, the panel does show up on a browse with rslinx.

wow, looks like I needed to use the rslinx network instead of the UIC option in the dropdown box in the upload menu. From there I was able to browse to the panel and click ok to start the upload. weird.