Which WinCC Flexible 2008 RT can install in win XP Embedded CE 5.0

glongo

Dear experts,
I am Muhammad

we have an IPC With the windows XP Embedded CE 5.0 on project and running well.
i have plan to install wincc flexible Runtime on this PC,

but i don,t know what version of wincc flexible suitable for it,and

what service pack of wincc flexible 2008 RT install on it?

thanks and best regards,

There is no such thing as "Windows XP Embedded CE".
Windows XP embedded yes.
Windows CE yes.
Windows XP CE no.
version 5.0 seems to indicate you have Windows CE 5.0.
This is not compatible with WinCC Flexible, except for when installed on one of Siemens own operator panels.

Ok, Thanks Mr. SIGMADELTA
my PC stations in not a Siemens manufacturer, but has a label win XP Embedded,

Last edited:
There is no such thing as "Windows XP Embedded CE".
Windows XP embedded yes.
Windows CE yes.
Windows XP CE no.
version 5.0 seems to indicate you have Windows CE 5.0.
This is not compatible with WinCC Flexible, except for when installed on one of Siemens own operator panels.

thank you Jesper,

this PC has a two labels:
1- " Windows XP Embedded ,X11-15305 "
2- "MSC
msc TUTTLINGEN GmbH
Type: TC17-S
ID: 6335273"

but when i search Model of this PC in the internet, find a datasheet that say it has win CE 5.0 ,

It might not work, but you can try the following steps in the link I already sent to you above to install WinCC flexible 2008 RT (RT = Runtime, you cannot install the ES!):

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/40237764/how-do-you-install-a-wincc-flexible-runtime-on-a-microsoft-windows-xp-embedded-operating-system-?dti=0&lc=en-WW

Again, no guarantees that it will work! These steps are for installing on a Siemens computer with Windows XP Embedded.

thanks for your reply,
recently i install WinCC Flexible 2008 sp5 RT (just RT part of software package) on standard PC with Win7 and it work properly,
(Runtime of wincc flexible run my sample project)

Datasheet of my industrial pc with win XP Embedded

please check this image that detail information's about my PC (MSC TC 17-S)

MSC TC-17S.png MSC TC-17S_2.png

Last edited: