WonderWare & MicroLogix

gizmo

I've got a Micrologix 1500 connected to an ethernet hub via 1761-NET-ENI module. Plugged in the hub: I have a PV550 and a PC running WonderWare.

I'm attempting to create graphics on our existing WonderWare(v7.11) PC that are similiar to the graphics on the PV550 (to allow the operator to operate at the local panel which contains the PV550 and operate from the front of the machine on our existing wonderware PC).

I've created the following:
1)OPC/DDE topic in Linx looking at the mircoLogix (topic name=flynn)
2)OPCLINK topic:
topic name = flynn
opc server name = rslinx opc server
opc path = flynn

3) Acess Name in Intouch(WW):
access name = flynn
application name = opclink
topic name = flynn
protocol = dde
when to advise server = advise only active items

I'm testing 2 tags (1 binary and 1 integer).
1)MotorOn (address = B3:3/3)
2)TurnNo (address = N7:27)

I've run OPC Test Client and added the two ItemID addresses above and every thing looks good. When I change the stats or values from the PV550, I seem an subvalue update on the Test Client and Sub Quality = good.

Problem:
The problem I'm having is getting my Intouch(WW) graphic to read and/or write to these addresses.
Intouch Tagname =
1) MotorOn:
type=I/O discrete
AcessName = Flynn
Item = B3:3/3
2) TurnNo:
type= I/O integer
AcessName = Flynn
Item = N7:27

Anyhelp with the correct Intouch Item address scheme, or anything else that one sees wrong would be greatly aprecciated.

Thanks!!

Hi there,

If you look at RsLinx help file under open interface/dde examples there is a section/example on rslinx wonderware applications which seems to explain quite well how this is set up.

Mkake sure you are using the full blown RSLinx and not RSLinx "lite" that comes with your PLC program. Been there!

why opclink

Ive had nothing but problems with wonderwares OPCLink, especially with micrologix. Why not use the AB Ethernet driver for wonderware instead of OPC. Then u can use straight DDE, instead of OPC, which wonderware handles much better. Also, a program called InGear works great for the micrologix, and is DDE capable. If u use DDE, u wont need to use RSLinx as an OPC server either.

Oh yea

And in intouch, u need to include the paths and such for the OPC link. I cant remember how to do it off hand, but its more complicated than using DDE.

followup

We are using RSLinx Pro.
This OPCLink structure is existing with the system and being used to communicate between Intouch and ControlLogix & FlexLogix. Ingear cost money and we don't have any.

I'm just simply tring to add a few screens to the Intouch that will communicate with the new MicroLogix 1500.

I can get the values to update and everything looks good when I look at the OPC Test Client.

It's like I'm doing something wrong in INTOUCH.

Thanks Again!