Change RACK ID on Kepware dynamically !!

amitgolwala

Hi all,

I have written this OPC driver that talks to the Kepware OPC Server using j-interop library. The Kepware OPC server is configured to read from and write to Siemens S700 PLC. The Siemens PLC are redundant i.e. if one fails, the other takes over and is seamless to the Kepware OPC server.

However, there is an issue with the RACK ID parameter of Kepware. My Kepware OPC server configuration points to let's say IP - 1.1.1.1, RACK ID 0 (default). Now if the active Siemens PLC fails, the standby takes over and dynamically changes its own IP to 1.1.1.1 but it cannot change its RACK ID to 0 as 2 Siemens PLC cannot have same RACK ID.

So, one of the solution is to dynamically change the RACK ID on Kepware, but I am not sure how can that be done from my driver - any clues? :(

Thanks in advance !!
Amit !!