S7-1200 simulation

PLC Pie Guy

Hello there.
I am working this morning with an S7-1200.
I am not having any luck getting on the Simulation mode. The "start" tab on the simulation option is greyed out. This means that it is not an option with my particular project for whatever reason I am not sure.
The software is TIA Portal Basic, SP1, Update 4.
Am I crazy? because I was sure I was able to run simulation mode on this software, however I have not tried since installing the SP1 and new updates.

Any insight?

Thanks

Thanks Mike.
I figured that was the case. I thought I had used it before but I guess not. I guess that's what happens when you are looking at 3 types of PLC in one morning. The kicker is all three are on one very poorly built machine.

Thanks for the reply!