Logix 5000 AOP question

Hello to all. I've lurked for several years and this is my first post...

Does any one happen to know if it is possible to push data back to a RSLogix 5000 AOP instance?

We have several machines at my plant that are running 1769-L33ER processors with each controlling a handful of PowerFlex 525 drives via EIP. I have written the logic using the PF525 AOP and have enabled ADC. Unfortunately, if anyone changes a drive parameter (via HMI or HIM), the next comms cycle wipes it out in favor of the parameter set that the PLC has saved within the AOP. I am trying, unsuccessfully thus far, to find any documentation on how to change a parameter set saved within an AOP instance or how to trigger the AOP instance to "read in" the current parameters from the drive and save them to the file. Obviously this can be done manually from within the program but I would like to accomplish it in an automatic fashion from logic. The end goal is to provide a means to change drive parameters and have the AOP instance save the updated parameters without programmer intervention.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Christian

I don't believe you have an AOP issue but rather a programming over-write issue.

To the best of my understanding is that AOP simply expose some of the parameters. Parameters that can be read/write to by going directly to the address that AOP refer to. For example, if in your code you MOV a value from one tag to a drive tag then you write to the drive tag directly from the HMI then the MOV statement going to wipe out your HMI change on the next scan.

harryting,

Thanks for the response. I misspoke about what I was attempting to do. I am not trying to write a parameter value directly from the HMI. The HMI is only communicating with the PLC. I would like to be able to allow approved personnel to change drive parameters from the HMI (via the PLC). According to the book, pretty much the entire parameter set is assessable through explicit messaging. I was planning on using this in order to open up the possibility of modifying any parameter this way. The problem is that any changes that they would make will be over-written by the ADC function at the next comms cycle. This would force them to have to re-enter any parameters they have changed manually. Updating the AOP instance for the drive in question is relatively easy to do through the drive AOP properties, but, they are not always the best at communicating with my group that we need to update the saved parameter set. As much as I would enjoy the opportunity to remind them that it is their own fault for not communicating with us, I would prefer to have the system update the parameter set on its own.

Christian