Read/Write Timeout Errors Panelview 600C

boiler-todd

I am using a panelview 600C with ethernet to a SLC 505. We have had this machine for about 8 months. A problem has come up now that the panelview will not work as I keep getting two errors.

-- 634 Write Timeout for bit B3:1/8 and
634 Read Timeout for bit B10:0

AB error code states Check/Define data table address in controller.

When I look at the node address for the button and alarm, the addresses are matching the node cofiguration.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to try?

Thanks,

Todd.

Is it possible that these two addresses no longer exist in the controller? I talked to someone earlier today with this problem on DH+ panelview; someone had deleted a couple of addresses in his controller program.

Both addresses are still in the PLC program.

I have another question... Does the Processor Name in the PLC under Controller Properties have to match the Node Name in the Communications Setup screen? Mine are different, however, the ethernet node addresses are the same.

No, the Node Name in the PB32 Tag Editor is just a tool to help you keep the tags organized. If the I.P. address is the same for the PB32 tags as the 5/05, it ought to work. Can you see the PV600 in RSLinx or can you ping it?

That's the wierd part. I have many other buttons (Reset-Stop-Jog) that are having no problems. Just my "Goto Main Screen" button and the fault messages word are having this Read/Write issue. There is no message that the two units aren't communicating.

I maybe wrong but your addressing seems a little bit odd...

634 Read Timeout for bit B10:0

is a word level address,what bit in File B10 word 0 do want to read?
B10:0.0? or B10:0/0 both should work

634 Write Timeout for bit B3:1/8 and
has a syntax error

the syntax error for the next statement, I think should read

B3:1.8 if you care to use the / then it becomes B3:0/24

I hope this helped.

ps. what developement software?

Last edited: