Siemens PID_Compact help

kalabdel

Hello gentlemen,

I'm getting the error "The output value limits are not configured correctly" as I try to pretune a PID project that is actually one of Siemens' SCE example projects
They provided all the code and I followed the instruction but no matter what values I use I get the same error.

When I skip Pretuning the PID output takes minutes to reach the set point then goes right by it and stops at the "Process value high limit"

I know nothing about PID and that was the point of trying various examples. The way I understand it is that PID will use some sort of fancy algorithm to reach the set point and stay there or very close to it. Then why does it go to the high limit, and why does it take so long? Is it because I didn't pretune?

Thanks
Kal

It is most likely because of the limit settings, try adjusting the Output value limits so the fit the process.

PID Compact.jpg

I had a similar issue not long ago, but don't recall how we solved it. If it is not solved by BNA's suggestion, try to recompile the program..

Thanks BNA and bonelsess. I modified the values to not get any errors but pre-tuning still doesn't work as the progress bar seems to just freeze and after waiting fro 15-20 minutes I usually give up and try something else which also doesn't work. This, and other examples, were suppose to be for learning! But I haven't been able to get any of them to work.
I've been trying to understand how PID in Simatic TIA works on and off for probably 6 months and can't say I mad any progress and likely to put it off again till I have more time to waste.

Thanks a lot

Kal