Control Techniques SK-drive on profibus

Plc_User

In our plant we should want to use Controle Techniques Commander SKB drives, preferebly on profibus. Problem is that there is not a possibility to supply 24V seperately to the drive so that in case of an emergency stop where the main contactor is deactivated and no more power is fed into the drive, the communication to the drive consquently will fail. And maybe not only to the drive, also other nodes on the network could be effected by these non powered nodes. Do you have experience with these drives on profibus and how did you solve this problem. If I put all my SK-drives on one side of a repeater and all the other nodes on the other side, could these deactivated drives stil effect nodes on the other side?
Did you ever use the GP20 from Control Techniques? Do you know about prices differences between SK and GP20.
Thanks

If you use SFC14/15 for data transfer from/to the drives, you can deal with the drive not responding on Profibus by examining the return value from these SFC's

When the drives are powered on/off, OB86 will be invoked each time so again you can deal with drives dropping on/off Profibus programmatically.