Schneider Magelis XBTGT4330 ???

JohnRatHolten

Hey All,

The company just purchased some surplus equipment at an auction.
Amongst the pile I found four Schneider Magelis XBTGT4330 HMI's.

I've never used these before, but after some research it seems they must pretty powerful (and pricy) devices, so it seems I should make an attempt at putting them to use.

Schneider's website has a lot of fluffy information about these HMI's, but when it comes down to the "nuts & bolts" of programming them it seems the info is hard to find.

I've figured out that I need software called Vijeo Designer to configure and program these things and from the webpage describing said software I found a download link for Vijeo Designer Lite Ver1.3, which I spent hours downloading only to find it did not cover this series of HMI's. After more research it seems that I need Vijeo Designer Ver6, and after a couple more hours of research I found a download link for Ver6 (it's a 125MB zip file, so I'll wait and download this overnight)but I get the feeling that somehow/somewhere I'll have to purchase a license, but so far I've not found where to get this license or how much it is........

So, anybody out there in PLC land have info on this software and/or experience using this HMI?

Any input would be appreciated......

Regards,
JohnR

As you say you will have to purchase a license. Just look for your closest Schneider distributor or contact schneider usa directly. they should hook you up with the right people

Thanks for the input chud......

yes I've realized since my original post a few days ago that Schneider simply doesn't post a MSRP on their website, and you have to go through a distributor to get any pricing information.

just for the record, the price a distributor quoted me for a single seat license for Vijeo Designer Ver.6 was $1194.05

Also amongst the surplus junk I've acquired is a Schneider M340 PLC rack, and quite naturally, it requires it own special programming software, Unity Pro Ver.6 which for the "small" single seat license I was quoted a price of $1344.20

so it looks like it will cost me about $2500 just to do anything with this pile of junk, so I guess that's what it will remain, a pile of junk.

I'll just stick with my Unitronics PLC's/HMI's.....
guess what, the software comes FREE with every unit you buy......

Hey All,

Well, this pile of equipment has set long enough.
The companys not going to buy the software I would need to do anything with it, so I guess it's time get rid of it.

But, I would like to clean it up before it goes away.
Does anyone know a way to wipe out the existing program, or load some sort of factory fresh default program
without using the Vijeo software?

I've seen some A-B HMI's that you can plug a CF card into and when you boot the HMI it goes to a file load screen,
anyone know if this Magelis HMI has a similar function?
If so, can anyone provide me a "blank" program?

Regards,
JohnR