FactoryTalk Directory Restore

bmschedler

I am trying to restore a backup copy of FactoryTalk Local Directory I created. I go through the process of resinstalling FactoryTalk and all it's components. Then go to Admin Console and right click on Local directory, hit restore. I have the directory with all the ME projects, run time versions, and SE projects in one folder. It fails to restore everytime.

Do these projects and backup file need to be in a specific location? Is it okay to leave them on desktop or should I migrate them to where they would normally be in Public Documents folder?

Does it have an error message that pops with it?
Does the windows event viewer has any events at the time you do a restore?

The Local Directory used to be separate from the application. I think somewhere around version 8 it became part of each application (a welcome change). So with the newer versions each time you open an application, the Local Directory is restored. With the older verisons, when you restored an application, you could select to restore the application and the Local Directory.

So that said, I've never had the need to restore a Local Directory. Open the app or restore the applicaiton and it would be updated. Now, I went in to FT Admin Console and backed up my local directory then restored it without any apparent issues. I was using a Win7 VM with FTV 11.0.

Anytime you create a runtime or a backup you can store them anywhere. But, anytime you need to do any sort of development, they must be in the default location. The Restore function does not even give you an option to select a destination.

OG

Hey guys sorry for the late response. I eventually did a clean install and wiped out all temporary files. It seems that some sort of temporary file was being kept on the computer, preventing the local directory from restoring properly. After that it restore just fine.