Intouch Windowviewer only displaying on one screen

BKoch

I am attempting to make a multiscreen application but after following multiple pieces of advice online it remains on one screen.

AkmRwcO.png

One thing to note is that the viewport is big enough for a scroll bar but the actual window stops at the end of the first screen.

I have updated win.ini to read:
Code:
; for 16-bit app support
[fonts]
[extensions]
[mci extensions]
[files]
[Mail]
MAPI=1
[Intouch]
MultiScreen=1
MultiScreenWidth=1920
MultiScreenHeight=1080
This file is replicated in
C:\Users\<myuser>\WINDOWS
C:\Users\<myuser>\AppData\Local\Wonderware
C:\WINDOWS

I have also tried changing MultiScreenWidth to 3840 but nothing changes. I have also tried each of the dynamic resolution settings under "Node Properties" but the most they do is stretch the graphics on the one screen.

I am really stuck here and would appreciate any advice :unsure:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, Wonderware will not allow multiple screens in the application. My co worker has been doing wonderware for years and has not been able to accomplish this.
someone may have a solution, if so please chime in, we need this as well.
james

Something in Windows 10 broke Multi-monitor support in InTouch. You should still be able to open a window on a second monitor by defining it in the location of the second monitor. I don't recall if it has to be a pop-up window. I'm pretty sure you can't just use a ShowAt function to open a replace window on a second monitor any longer.

Something in Windows 10 broke Multi-monitor support in InTouch. You should still be able to open a window on a second monitor by defining it in the location of the second monitor. I don't recall if it has to be a pop-up window. I'm pretty sure you can't just use a ShowAt function to open a replace window on a second monitor any longer.

That's a bummer, but I guess I'll have to work around it. You're correct about the popup windows, that's what I've been using on my second screen so far.

I just dislike how if you show a graphic on the pop-up window and then click somewhere outside of the graphic, the window takes priority and brings itself to the front, hiding the graphic. I'll have to figure out a way to keep it in the back o_O (or keep the graphic in the front)

Thanks for letting me know about the Windows 10 problem, at least now I know I need a different approach.

There are several tech notes on this subject. I was able to to do this on several systems Server 2012 R2/Windows 7. From what I can recall there are two ways to do it. The one that was the most successful for me was having the video card treat the two monitors as one. Then it was just sizing the windows or opening several windows on different x axis. It was not easy and I am not sure on windows 10.

Edit Legacy tech note 811

Last edited:
There are several tech notes on this subject. I was able to to do this on several systems Server 2012 R2/Windows 7. From what I can recall there are two ways to do it. The one that was the most successful for me was having the video card treat the two monitors as one. Then it was just sizing the windows or opening several windows on different x axis. It was not easy and I am not sure on windows 10.

Edit Legacy tech note 811
I actually just found a solution to my issue! I had previously thought my computer was not capable of treating 2 monitors as 1 but looking into that more I found that my Intel graphics card has a "collage" mode which accomplishes this.
I can now have 2 different overlay windows that act exactly as I needed!

(y)