AB VFD PowerFlex 525 speed output

LostInIKEA

Hey PLC.net, I'm working with a PowerFlex 525. It's communicating within the panel via ethernet but I need to send the speed out 4-20mA via the analog output. I went into CCW and changed parameter 88 "Analog Out Sel" to "OutFreq 4-20" but when I meter the 14 and 16 (common and analog out), I get 0mA when the VFD is running.

Then I saw that there was a jumper J10 and it was at 0-10V so I changed it to the 0/4-20A one but still nothing

Any gurus out there that can help?

References I've used
http://www.marketotomasyon.com/UserFiles/File/Allen_Bradley/Drivers/PF523_525/520_qs001_en_e.pdf

pg14

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.../~/powerflex-525-4-20ma-analog-out-sel-set-up

Last edited:
Did you double check on the drive itself that the parameter was set correctly? Did you checked parameter t89 to make sure it is set correctly. I've done it on a project and it was as simple as the manual said. Last thing would be to monitor parameter b001 to make sure that there should be an output.

but when I meter the 14 and 16 (common and analog out), I get 0mA when the VFD is running.

Hi,

I have to ask this - what did you use as a load for the 4-20mA signal? as in, did you connect your meter in series?

Have you checked your meter in another 4-20mA circuit somewhere?

Sorry, you probably did this, but I thought that I should verify this.

Ian