Measuring Ohms with Compactlogix

It appears that they need a resistance test for coils. The Laurels module will make that measurement by sourcing a current (through the coil, reading the voltage drop and reporting the result as a resistance value.

That will work as long as the coil is not energized by a control circuit.

Resistance measurments need to be made on passive components, in this case the coil, not in an active, powered circuit.

we buying a Laurel again since somehow the one we had installed is no longer working but we already have the program for it

We are measuring without extra power supply only the Laurels, so only the resistance is measured in passive mode

thanks

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I don't know much of PLCs but it happened that i need to connect Leuze AMS358i Ethernet laser measurement to Productivity 1000...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! Firstly I'd like to say that I'm new to this forum and also new to PLC programming world altogether, that said I really would...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a way to determine level in a silo. The material is called Perilite which has a very light density. Bulk density could be...
Replies
Views
In our water cooling tank, I've installed and successfully wired up 4 float switches & updated the PLC (big thanks to @parky for that). As a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an application where I need to measure the salt level/volume in a salt saturator. This is a fairly large tank where we load bulk...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom