GX WORKS 2 Function Blocks

Ranjith

I have the current program created as a simple project with lots of ladder programming. I guess you cannot create FB's in a simple project. Is there a way to convert the current simple project to a structured project so I can create FB's for repetitive use. Hope someone out there could help me on this. Thanks

No you cannot convert from ladder into FBD or function blocks, however, you could open up two instances of GXWorks one in ladder (simple Project) and other in LAD/FBD (structured project), then create your functions or Program blocks & copy & paste from the other, you will need to import the labels manually.

Similar Topics

Hi Folks I have made a function block that has the EN input enabled. (FBD language) In want to run some code at the top of the function block as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm learning GX Works 2 for upcoming project. I want to use ST Function Blocks in Ladder Program and it works if the FB(Structured text)...
Replies
Views
I figured out a solution to a vfd issue... at least in theory. Yaskawa has a program called Drive Works EZ that you can have PLC-type functions...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to create your own function block library with GX Works 3? I can create a FB but how do you save it for re use in other projects...
Replies
Views
We are working on a machine that has a Yaskawa controller (MP2300siec) and servos. We were provided a copy of the source code and went ahead...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom