WAGO Profibus Master

robbo56

Does anyone have any ideas on how to implement the following:

I would like to have a number of Wago Outstations communicating to an s7-400 using Modbus TCP. I am aware of and have the specs for the Wago 750-841. I also have a number of Profibus Slaves (Danfoss drives) which I would like to bring into the Wago Unit so I need a Wago Profibus Master module. I would then let the Wago handle the profibus comms and store the data locally which I would then send to/from the s7-400 on the Modbus link.

I cannot find a Wago Module to handle the Profibus side. Does anyone know if it exists or have an alernative solution ?

Do these Wago units already exist.... why not use the S7 as the profibus master for everything? Using multiple protocols is just adding complexity IMHO

cheers

There is a reason for my question - we are using an S7-417H system. This has redundant profibus cabling, but because our profibus slaves are not redundant i.e they have a single Profibus connection we are looking at using Siemens Profibus Y-splitters. These allow a redundant link to be converted to a single link. The problem with these is 2 fold - very expensive £1000 each and they have a bottleneck of 240 bytes approx. This 240 bytes is a limit on the TOTAL no of bytes that can be allocated across all Profibus Slaves downstream of the Y splitter. Hence I am looking at other options to acquire the Profibus data from the Slaves up to the S&-417H system. Any other thoughts on how this could be achieved ?