N.O stop N.C start

Ryan

Does anyone know how to design a start stop station using a N.O stop and a N.C start for an electrical diagram, not a plc diagram

Easy, just use interposing relays to FIX the dyslexia problem... :D

| START PB |
+---]/[--------------------( CR1 )--+
| |
| STOP PB |
+---] [--------------------( CR2 )--+
| |
| CR1 CR2 |
+---]/[---+---]/[---+------( RUN )--+
| |
| RUN |
+---] [---+

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Easy, just use interposing relays to FIX the dyslexia problem... :D

| START PB |
+---]/[--------------------( CR1 )--+
| |
| STOP PB |
+---] [--------------------( CR2 )--+
| |
| CR1 CR2 |
+---]/[---+---]/[---+------( RUN )--+
| |
| RUN |
+---] [---+

beerchug

-Eric

Your third rung has CR1 and CR2 reversed, but you have the right idea.
This is a pretty off-the-wall question.

Ah, yes it is Jimbo! I got confused because this is simply the WRONG way to solve the problem... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

Is this an excercise in a class ?
I ask because it is a very unusual combination, and there are problems with the safety:
No power to the STOP button: Device will continue to run and cannot be stopped.
No power to the START button: Device will start immediately !

Sounds like your teacher said something like:
"NO for start and NC for stop is the normal thing, what would happen if the reverse was the case ?"
You should answer something like "That would be very dangerous, Sir.".

It is quite common for the STOP button to be NC because it increases the safety in most cases.