LogixPro 500 Traffic Light Control with delayed green

JohnKhoury28

I have just completed the Traffic Light Control with a delayed green light. What I am asking here is if my rung comments are easy to follow for another engineer to pick on and bluid on top of it and/or if it clear enough for a shop maintenance personnel to follow if it was every applicable. How is the wording?

What else do you recommend as a criteria to meet for the traffic light lab simulation with Prologix500 using the relay contact method? I have already done the first exercise using the word comparison method.

Do you have any inspirational ideas for taking the technique from this lab exercise to actual hardware and lights for a different application? I own a Micrologix1100 and 4 pilot lights and two selector switches as will as detection switch.

Please see the attached. jpg file for the rung comments. Have a wonderful week. Thank you for your time.

Traffic Control Lab using 6 lights with Relay contact technique.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, the way I have it setup according to the attached picture, there was no accident. Do you think it is more inituitive to use more internal bits (B3 type)? I am glad that I managed to use 6 timers. Has anyone used < or = 5 timers while delaying the green light for both N/S and E/W bound directions?

Updated my attachment

I noticed the .jpg cannot be seen. It would be nice to have a function that has a magnifier web tool were once you hover over image then it get 2.5 times larger than it's attached size. Just a thought in terms of user friendly feature within the environment of sharing files.

Anyway's I successfully got my ladder logic rung to save as a .pdf.

Hi John, me being sarcastic, l apologise now unconditional, as l have sarcastically posted to your latest post,.
I would suggest unless you are being humorous, that nearly working out how to to do the traffic light exam, most probable doesn't put you in the skill level to advertise for PLC code writing work.
Just Saying.
Regards
PS, I will now look at your code, but l like your humour##

John, look in the download section or the goggle. This can be done with 1 Timer/counter and limits, if you want but it is again a personal preference, but that is not to say this is the best approach. Think what you have worked out and how easy/hard that maybe for others to work out, that's the best approach, make it easy for Bubba to understand(thank God we don't have Bubba down here, we have other names for him/her), not the most complicated with the least rungs, in memory of Lance1, RIP

This can be done with 1 Timer/counter and limits, if you want but it is again a personal preference, but that is not to say this is the best approach.

To be a bit of a pedant, it probably can be done WITHOUT ANY USER TIMERS OR COUNTERS.
You could increment registers from the system clock (seconds,) then compare registers to limits in other registers.