Logixpro 500 CD not Loading

stevelawson

Hi Guys.

I have had my Logixpro 500 CD for many Years now and have never had any issues. However, I am now using Windows 7 and am experiencing a problem when I try to load the Software onto my Computer. The Program initially starts to run with my Monitor displays a cascading series of Hashes and the message Loading. That's as far as it gets. The Screen defaults back to my Desktop. I'm pretty sure that it is a conflict of some sort with Win 7 because I have used this CD with Win 2000 and XP without any problems.
Has anybody else had a similar problem or know how to get it working again?

Many thanks for your support.

Steve.

Steve,

I am still running Windows XP, so can't help with Windows 7. I do know that the LogixPro CD version only loads to the Administrator user with the original password that was used to load LogixPro onto the computer the first time.

Hi Lancie1.
Thanks for your reply. I remembered that you can only use the CD on 1 Computer. The Computer I am using is the original Machine but it as been reformatted with Win 7. I guess that this is the problem. I have tried to get in touch with The Learning Pit for advice but the E-mail address comes up as unrecognised?

Steve.

Last edited:
The Computer I am using is the original Machine but it as been reformatted with Win 7.
That is what it takes to run on my computer. If Windows 7 allows you to run in other Windows modes, then create a short-cut icon, in the icon properties, set Compatibility to Run as "Windows 2000", and then to start, right-click on the icon and select "Run as" and for "the following user", select "Administrator", but do not enter your normal Administrator password. Instead, type in the password that you first used when you installed LogixPro initially.

I know, it is a crazy method, and does not make any sense at all, but does seem to work about 95% of the time.

Last edited:
I don't have the initial Password anymore. I am hoping that The Learning Pit will let me have another Password, but I am still waiting on a reply.
I will keep you posted once I get some feedback.

Many thanks.

Steve.

New computers often need new software..

The installation program on an old LogixPro CD may very well pre-date both Vista and Win7.

It's always best to install LogixPro using the latest version of the installation program which can be downloaded from http://TheLearningPit.com

Another change with Vista and Win7 is that one should right-click with their mouse on the downloaded installation program (install.exe), and select "Run as Administrator".

Best of luck,
Bill

Hi Bill.

Thanks for your tips on loading this software. I did manage to get it running by opening it from My Computer. I don't really know why this approach worked but it did. Since the initial run I now find that it runs perfectly well from the Desktop Icon, just like it did in the past.
Once again thanks for replying with your advice, it is much appreciated.

Steve.