How to Interface a Denso six-axes arm VP6242G with a AB MicroLogix 1400 PLC

drey

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping any of you could help me with my problem..I'm currently trying to interface a Denso VP6242G six-axes arm robot with a AB MicroLogix 1400 PLC but I've been getting an error message on my teach pendant every time I run my PLC code. The goal is to have the PLC send command area bits and data area bits to the robot controller as inputs that would cause the robot controller to do Operation Preparation (motor ON, CAL, SP 100, external mode switching), execute the program number per instruction, reset the program, return to home position and switch the motor off when finished. I realize that the PLC code will depend on the layout of the system, but if any of you could provide any suggestion..I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

via EtherNet/IP..I also connected the necessary wires of the Mini I/O for the step-stop (All tasks), strobe signal, data area bits (0-2), and command area bits (0-2) to the PLC.

The 1400 has some CIP messaging. I don't think the 1400 will do your EIP control you want. You may want to ask Densco if they can talk PCCC.
There are several Ethernet bridges that can handle this for you.

Check the specs.on what the robot talks and what that PLC can talk.

JeffKiper, you right..I just realized that I connected the PLC to the computer via Ethernet but the robot controller is connected to the PLC through Mini I/O...

Mini I/O is a user/system I/O connector..basically, it allows the user to interface the robot controller with PLC, sensors, switches, or external devices..