A panel builder question

stu

Hi guys
I have 2 panelview hmi 1000 & 400 both with the same temperature template I need to change the tolerance range (band ) of the set point is there away to change via the plc or is it just as quick to do one screen at time and down load ?
It was just a thought thanks stu

Hi when you set up a display value you have to enter a setpoint range for a value range (0 -100) I was wondering if I wanted to change the range say up to 150 with out download to 2 hmi's could that value be changed via the program , the plc is a slc?

Hi it would depend how it is currently set up

The high data limit of 150 maybe a PLC tag or could be hard coded as part of the HMI tag setup.

Hello. I have a problem with a pva file. I have to migrate of a panelview 1000 standar to a panelview plus 1000 and i cant open a proyect in a ftview with the pva file. At end apears a message "cant open the proyect.

The pva upload is with panelbuilder32 ver 8.32

somebody help me.

CARLOSAB04,

in the future, Please create a thread and explain your issue.
the latest panelbuilder32 software is 3.83.01
panelview plus is different software.
there is a conversion utility you can use, but there is some changes you will have to make.
I never used the utility, so i'm no help there.
james

If your changing to a panelview plus
You can open a new project and name - and what I can remember there is a import project tab and you can select a pva file ?
And it will convert pva file to a mer file ( factory talk file)
Have a look at the software if you get stuck I will have a look at my laptop ,I hope this helps

Hello. I have a problem with a pva file. I have to migrate of a panelview 1000 standar to a panelview plus 1000 and i cant open a proyect in a ftview with the pva file. At end apears a message "cant open the proyect.

The pva upload is with panelbuilder32 ver 8.32

somebody help me.
Welcome to the Forum!

PanelBuilder 32 will open both .pva (terminal) and .pba (development) type files; open up the .pva application with PanelBuilder 32 and Save it As .pba.

1. Open up the .pba application using PanelBuilder32 and then, using the Tag Editor utility change all semicolons';' to colons ':' and all dashes '-' to underscores '_'.

2. Open up FactoryTalk View Studio and create a New Application; give it a name, specify the language and the resolution on the terminal it is intended to run on.

3. Select Import type PanelBuilder Application (*.pba) then Next.

4. Follow the steps in the Machine Edition Import Wizard.

When you complete the steps of the wizard, FactoryTalk View Studio converts the PanelBuilder application, creates the converted application’s folders and files, and then shows the converted application in the Explorer window in FactoryTalk View Studio.

If there are any messages about conversion, they are shown automatically in the Project Status dialog box.

The converted application is created in \Users\Public\Public

Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects\Application Name where Application Name is the name of your application specified in step 2.

Some of the PanelBuilder 32 objects are not supported in FactoryTalk View Studio and others have similar functionality (not identical) equivalents..

Last edited: