DeviceNet configuration software; which one ?

Which DeviceNet configuration software do you use?

• RSNetworx for DeviceNet

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Omron DeviceNet Configurator

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Cutler-Hammer NetView

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Think n' Do

• Soft Controller (other)

• Total voters

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
You all know I'm a big DeviceNet partisan, and promote the heck out of the technology in the products my Company sells.

But recently I've run across a spate of 3rd party devices that offer EDS files that don't work with our configuration software, RSNetworx for DeviceNet. Mostly these are syntax errors, but they're serious enough to prevent the EDS files from passing the ODVA EDS validation software, without which these product should not have gotten their ODVA certification.

Some of these EDS files have been available for many months, or even years. So if they haven't had these serious mistakes in syntax fixed, folks must be using them with other configuration software packages that are less picky about EDS validation, or not using them at all.

So I'm looking for some feedback; if you use DeviceNet, which DeviceNet configuration software do you use ?

Last edited: