what is the function Of TP Block

Dear all,
Hope that Every thing is going well with all. all I want to know is that.....

I know very well, How the block TP works..., but really I do not know what is the function of it, and what application can i use this block in.

the Block TP:
has two inputs:
1- IN >> Boolean Type : if rising edge starts increasing internal timer (if not already increasing).

- If false and only if timer is elapsed, resets the internal timer
- Any change on IN during counting Has no effect

2- PT >> Timer Type : Maximum programmed time

two outputs:

1- Q : Boolean :if true, timer is counting
2- ET: TMR :Elapsed time

any help would be great, thanks in advance.....

I know well how the block works, but for what use, and how can i use it for application?

Thanks

Assuming you are talking about TWIDO, this timer is similar to the "TT" function in A/B. Use it as an interval timer. The only thing I don't like is that it can't be reset unless it times out. What is nice is you only need a momentary input to start it, so it is "self cancelling" when done, and won't start again until you want it to. You could use it to flash a lamp, run a motor for a timed period, ect, and it is externally ajustable with inexpensive keypad.

All I need in what real application

Hi tommy23t

Thanks 4 ur reply:
You could use it to flash a lamp, run a motor for a timed period, ect, and it is externally ajustable with inexpensive keypad.

all I want the real application I can use this block in. TON Timer on delay can be used for what you said, what is the difference between that Block TP and Timer On Delay.

you said also it can be adjusted by keybad, How ? this block in Plc Programming, Not hardware.

Many thanks.

I am just starting to use this PLC. The diff. I see with the TON timer is you need an additional bit to use it as an interval timer and you have to keep the timer latched.

For the keypad, they have come out with the Magellis 2 line and (I think) 4 line display. You assign the timer preset to a word (like %MW150) and you access that word from the keypad. I think these keypads are under $150.00 US. They have addressable function keys if you like, but use up/down arrows to increment and decrement registers (no numeric keypad).

hope this helps,

tommy23t