New allen bradley plc-system working with PLC5.

mulderm

Hello,

On a machine I have a PLC5 system with a PLC5/25 processor with a lot of input/output cards.
Totally rack numbers are 6.
Now for the modification of the machine I must have serial communications with a serial-printer and a
lot of input/output signals.
Normally I must use a basic-module for this (1771-DB/B) but there is no place in the rack (1771/A4B).
So I want to make a new PLC-system that can communicate with the PLC5/25 processor (DH+)
and have serial communication for the printer.
Also using new input and output signals.
What for system I can use?
Must be a system that´s smaller as the PLC5-system.
Micrologic - Controllogic?

mulderm

Last edited:
An SLC5/04 is the smallest PLC that has both DH+ and a serial port.

You could also exchange the classical PLC5/25 with an enhanced that has a serial port onboard. However that will be more expensive, you may have to use a PLC5/30 as a PLC5/20 may not support the number of i/o racks.

I think there are other solutions too, but they will be more complicated and/or expensive.