Cimplicity MsgBox Script Help

Sapper307

All,

I'm having an issue properly executing a script in Cimplicity. I want to execute a temporary push button, and that part of my script is working fine:

'set the point
Pointset "TAG", 1

'wait 1 second
Sleep 1000

'release the point
Pointset "TAG", 0

that part is working properly throughout (Cimplicity, PLC, interposing relay all pick up for one second). My issue is that I wanted to encapsulate that script in a MsgBox, so the operator has an opportunity to cancel the command. My script has the MsgBox (ebYesNo) pop up, and the yes button executes the script, however the no button also executes the script.

Yes and No buttons execute script:

Sub OnMouseUp (x As Long, y As Long, flags As Long)
MsgBox "OpenV-FG30-1?",ebYesNo,"V-FG30-1"

If ebYes Then
'set the point
Pointset "TAG", 1

'wait 1 second
Sleep 1000

'release the point
Pointset "TAG", 0
End If
End Sub

Any help on pointing me in the right direction of getting the no button to properly function would be great.

Thanks
Chris

It sounds like you want a confirmation screen. It has been a long time since I used Cimplicity but I thought it had a confirmation checkbox. Then you enter you message for confirmation. Yes would execute the script and no closed the message box.

But again it's been a long time since my last project.

The confirmation check box is an option when you create the Event as a Procedure. If you create the event as a script, you have to execute everything in the script including message boxes etc. My problem with executing the Event as a Procedure is that I need the 1 second temporary push button, which is not an option in Procedures.

EUREKA!

Sub OnMouseUp (x As Long, y As Long, flags As Long)
Result= MsgBox ("OpenV-FG30-1?",ebYesNo,"V-FG30-1")

If Result=6 Then
'set the point
Pointset "TAG", 1

'wait 1 second
Sleep 1000

'release the point
Pointset "TAG", 0
End If
End Sub