FTV Global Objects

dginbuffalo

Hello. I'm starting to use Global objects that are grouped with several different parameters. In some circumstances I want to change a global object by adding something to it. When I do this, it wants to erase all the links associated with the object. Is there another way to add to the global object and accept the new grouping without losing all the link data? Thanks in advance.

PS- Chris makes sum hella lugnutz! (Inside joke to a friend who frequents this site :p )

Once you ungroup it, it breaks all the links. You'll need to copy into the group any modifications. That is open the group and then paste objects so they become part of the existing group.

I believe the links are maintained from the global object group name. I just note down the Group Name from the property panel before ungrouping and then when i regroup it i just make sure it has the same Group name, if it's not you just change it to the original name.

But i think from memory all the link definitions will be lost.