You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 19th, 2020, 06:57 AM   #16
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVaughan View Post
I appreciate your integrity.
Good on ya!
I dont... nothing personal but the seller is just going to do it again and again

I can buy **** all day long and sell it but no one wants to buy **** and if they do it should be listed as ****.

New factory sealed
New other (open)
Used
Parts and not working

These are the options for selling on ebay, I have no issues with selling something that they dont have the ability to test but everything thats not tested needs to have a 14 day return min. I have been selling on ebay for sometime now and its getting better but there needs to be a minimum standard that people need to uphold, if you can't find another way to sell your ****

Over 15k positive https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/plc_trainer

I have sold some non working parts over the years, hell they are electronic so they are going to fail, but I do try and treat people how I want to be treated, I have tossed out many parts that were bad.
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more...OEM and aftermarket supplies... Aftermarket 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+, new USB to 485 modbus
Old January 19th, 2020, 11:38 AM   #17
Aabeck
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbitboy View Post
the seller's description it says:

That last bit was obviously meant to be "as is."

The 'net is anarchy, and I am not a whiner: I know I blew it here; the most important thing is not the money but that I learned the lesson.
I still suggest filing a claim with Ebay. They have a 30 day refund policy and if it was not listed As "Parts/Not Working" then per their requirements it has to work "As Intended" Ebay's disclaimer is about the imperfections that may exist - dirty, scratched, missing cover, cracked case, etc.

"An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the sellerís listing for full details and description of any imperfections."
Old January 19th, 2020, 12:11 PM   #18
gas
United States

I have emptied several labs and sold the stuff on Ebay. If it's untested I am clear about that in the description. I also give a 30 day money back guarantee. After all I got them for almost the cost of hauling them away.
I had 2 failures and a shipping mix up. I redeposited their money and told them to keep the parts.
THAT is what I look for when I buy.
Old January 20th, 2020, 07:48 AM   #19
drbitboy
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Thanks for the advice.

I sent a message to the seller; whether they respond honorably is on them. Beyond that it is not worth my time to file a claim that will boil down to a debate about minutiae in the item description, and I have better things to do than pose as the eBay police.

Which is to say, the nature and scale of the 'net is such that I have always assumed some fraction of my eBay purchases will go south, and I am comfortable with it being a jungle out there.

If someone here feels the need, I'll provide the transaction details.

Old January 20th, 2020, 12:39 PM   #20
janner_10
United Kingdom

Quote:
and I am comfortable with it being a jungle out there.

It's not though, there is an easy and effective complaints procedure to get you your money back.
Old January 20th, 2020, 01:04 PM   #21
Aabeck
United States

If you go to the purchase page for the item there is one button to click to start Ebay's 30 day refund procedure. Whether the seller has a return policy listed there should be a Return Item button that you then select the reason and a description.
Old January 20th, 2020, 07:06 PM   #22
drbitboy
United States

Okay, you convinced me, I found that button (I'm really bad at that stuff - I can write software but cannot use it;-).

I'm about 20% of the way into the refund amount, as measured by my time.
Old January 21st, 2020, 04:12 AM   #23
drbitboy
United States

The seller agreed to take the return! He also asked if I would change my feedback; I am not sure feedback can be changed once it is posted, but a followup feedback can be added.

Packing the PLC for the return took another 50% of the refund cost.

Last edited by drbitboy; January 21st, 2020 at 04:17 AM.
Old January 21st, 2020, 06:02 AM   #24
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
He also asked if I would change my feedback; I am not sure feedback can be changed once it is posted
Great, once you get the refund have them (they have to) send you a feedback change request then you can change it (and you should)

Some money back is better than nothing

Best of luck with your project!
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more...OEM and aftermarket supplies... Aftermarket 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+, new USB to 485 modbus
Old January 22nd, 2020, 06:02 AM   #25
drbitboy
United States

Thumbs up

The seller acted honorably in refunding the payment and I re-did the feedback, so it all worked out as eBay intended.

Thanks again everyone for convincing me to challenge my (cynical) assumptions.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum