S5 software version

cck

Hi,

My company is using Siemens S5 PLC, Cpu 945 and 948, currently we
are using PG730, but I would like to change it into laptop window
base S5. Anyone can recommend what version of S5 most suitable..

Thanks
cck

cck

What version of Step5 have you currently got installed?

Step5 runs in a DOS window under Windoze OS, as far as I am aware no version of Step5 runs in windoze, I am currently using Step5 V7.1, running on a Windoze 98 machine. You should be able to upgrade fairly cheaply if it is indeed the case that the version of Step5 you have will only run under DOS.

Paul

Hi,

I have downloaded a demo version of PG2000 from "process informatik"
to my compaq notebook, i tried to go online with Siemens PLC s5 115,
CPU 945 using Siemens cable 6ES5-734-2XXX0, I plug the 25 pin into com2(printer port) and try "online" but failed, can anyone know about this software and how to do the communication? My question :
Are the software only for use in PG?

You should go online with a cable from your com1 (9pins), so you need a rs485 - rs232 converter, see on the same site for this. You can purchase this everywhere.

Regards

C