How to modify application in RSView32 Runtime?

nurul

Hello all,

I have no prior experience creating HMI. My first assignment from a boss is to modify a data acquisition interface for ovens monitoring in-house. RSview32 Runtime + TagServer + RSLinx OEM are the software that runs simultaneously all the time on the desktop. The company pay somebody to do this earlier and no literature or readme file given on what is the file name of the application / where they store it?

1) How do I find all these information on the desktop? As far as I know I should search on *.mer / *.med extension files but I couldnt find any of these during my search.

2) When I found the application file, can I rename the file and modify the new file with RSView32 Runtime? Or what kind of software should I use to modify? When I installed the Rockwell Software, it comes with several other softwares too (eg RSView Enterprise, RSview32, RSview32 tools etc2)

3) Is RSView32 Runtime application can be modified with RSView Machine Edition?

Thanks in advance ;)

MER and MED files are Studio files, indeed, the Machine edition version. RSViewStudio is used to develop applications for RSView SE/ME and SE Stand-alone. You need RSView32 Works to edit/develop View32 applications.

The entire application should be stored in a directory for the project, which has various subdirectories. Search for *.gfx files, that may help.

I'm all confused now as I was given RSView ME CD to install on my computer, but when I went to check on the running application on the other computer it is using RSView 32.

From RSview32 literature that I read, I should be looking for *.rsv file which is the project file instead of *.med/*.mer from RSview ME literature.

So what is RSView ME used for - Is it just a different software from RSView32 with the same/more advanced capabilities?

I understand that I have to use RSView 32 Works to edit the application now. Do I have to run TagServer + RsLinx at the same time when modifying the file?

Thanks. This forum is really helpful.

RSView ME is essentially the upgraded version of 'Panelbuilder/Panelbuilder32', and is designed to create runtimes for the Panelview+ line. PV+ devices run on WindowsCE.

RSView ME is part of the newer 'RSView Enterprise' HMI software from Rockwell... RSView SE/Standalone/ME are all flavors of Enterprise.

--------------
Starting up RSViewWorks, and finding your file, are all you need to do to edit it... or at least get it into edit mode. If works is installed on the terminal, I think you can use SHIFT-ALT-P (CTRL-ALT-P?) to switch into design mode. It's been a while.

Tagserver will start as needed (it's basically a Watcomm database system). Linx is only needed if you want to connect to a PLC for live data (as when testing).