Add-On Instructions within RSLogix5000

Joeay

Are there any downfalls to using add-on instructions, other than having to import them manually?

I would like to create add-ons for such things as my own Enhanced Select that can handle more than 6 inputs, however I am not completely sure this is a good idea. Any advice?

Why do you think it would not be a good idea?

I can't think of any downside to well designed AOIs. You can create the AOI within your program, its very similar to creating a subroutine and a UDT - importing is for already written AOIS.

I just wanted to make sure there aren't any unknown downsides to re-making a standardized block to fit my needs better.

Thanks for the information.

Similar Topics

The help file for RSLogix 5000 v16 mentions several instructions that cannot be used within a custom Add-On:JSR Jump to Subroutine...
Replies
Views
In RSLogix5000 I am attempting to create an add-on instruction called "SWAP" which simply swaps the values of two integer tags. Here is what the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Currently I am translating my Siemens program (SCL) to Allen Bradley (ST) and i am having a little trouble using the Add-On...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am working on project that the customer require no ADI. The standard project we have uses ADI everywhere. I am just wondering...
Replies
Views
hi all, can you guys please explain the why we use AOIs? My understanding is that they can be used like templates, so we create them once, and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom