FactoryTalk View SE - Alarm Ack Log Username

rtgibson

Hope somebody can help - I've got a real simple View SE (V9) SCADA test application with a couple of alarms setup in the alarm and event server. When I test my alarms they all work etc - question is how on earth do I get it to log who acknowledged the alarm in the details pane. The help file seems to say that it can't be done for alarms and that it only happens for event tracking. Can anybody give me a clue.

Thanks
Russ

It should be logged by default. The acknowledgement of an alarm is logged as an event, including the station that that performed the acknowledgement, and who was logged in at the time.

Set up a historic alarm & event viewer, and have a look at the entries. You may need to add the respective columns to the viewer to see the data, but whether they're added or not, the data is stored in the database. You can also click on an entry to show more information in the "details" pane (again, as long as you've configured the object to show the details pane).

Hi - thanks for your response, you are correct in that it kind of just works, I think my issue was a dodgy filter on the alarm list. Many thanks for your help. Russ