Using Multiple Balluf I/O Links in series

Ravaid

Hi gents,

i'm working on a project where we are using some balluf I/O Modules for some inputs and outputs. I was wondering how the I/O addressing works in case we have 2 slave modules connected in series with the master, follows a graphic rapresentation:

Master Module -------- Slave 1 ------ Slave 2

Master module: BNI PNT-508-105-Z015
Slave 1/2: BNI IOL-302-000-Z012

I am working with TIA v14 SP1 and i know that in the case of using only 1 master with 1 slave (Master Module ------- Slave) we assign 2 bytes of input and 2 bytes and just use those in your software as you want.

It's the first time i am encoutering 2 slaves connected in series and i was wondering if i have to use the browser configurator of the Master Module to tell him that i have 2 slaves connected in series, in that case how would the addressing work ? like 4 bytes for input and 4 bytes for outputs ? (i don't have those modules here so i can't verify it by my self).

Just for information, the cable between Slave 1 and Slave 2 is:

Port 7 Slave 1 ---------- Main connector Slave 2 (The one on the top)

Thanks in advance

The ability to daisy-chain modules is a feature specific to Balluff and deviates from the IO-Link standard. To enable this feature on supported modules, you have to change one of the IO-Link parameters (index 0x55 but I'm not sure if it's the same on all modules). The manual should tell you exactly how the process data addressing works for the expansion unit--I attached the relevant page for one of the modules we use as an example.

I looked up the manual for the BNI IOL-302-000-Z012 you listed, and there's no mention of it being used as an expansion module. Are you sure you have the right unit for what you're trying to do?

balluff.jpg

Are you sure you have the right unit for what you're trying to do?

Yeah, i asked confirmation about the product model and they confirmed that the unit is that. I don't know maybe there is something to do in the browser. I'll try to get a hold of them so i can try it my self. Thanks for the help