Factory talk view error

Mahesh Gupta

Dear Sir ,
when i am trying to delete the application name ( for eg XYZ_CLIENT_01-03-17)
From application manager we got the error like unable to delete alread used .
so please help me

Regards
Mahesh Gupta

Unable to perform an operation.jpg

Also, if this is an FTView SE project, you generally can't delete a project that has an alarm server defined, as the alarm server will start up as soon as your PC does.

Open the project, delete all the servers (including I/O servers), reboot your PC and try again.

If it won't let you delete the servers either, you may have to stop the relevant services in Windows first - note which ones you're stopping, set the all to manual startup, reboot your PC, open the project, delete the servers, close the project, restart your PC, delete the project using application manager, go back in and re-enable the services you disabled previously, and re-boot your PC again.

Simple! :site:

Even though your desktop background has permanently damaged my eyesight, I have managed to type in a search and find this...

49248 - FactoryTalk View SE Application Manager cannot delete an existing application
Access Level: TechConnect

For managing FactoryTalk applications I would always advise users to do so via the FactoryTalk Administration Console (FTAC).

Regards,
George

bright676 said:
all that means is you cant delete the program when it is open. just close it then delete it.

I won't do a "thesis" reply on this one but the application itself is only one part of the HMI Project. FactoryTalk is a Server based HMI and SCADA package. Servers, as we know, execute many different services in the background which often remain running while the foreground applications are closed. One example here would be the Alarm and Event Server. Another may be third party OPC Servers. If any of these services are actively running on the FT Server then they may prohibit the deletion of the HMI application itself.

This applies to ME or SE applications.

Regards,
George

Opening up FactoryTalk Admin Console and deleting the Alarm & Events server and RSEnterprise server if they are in the project and then deleting the application via Application Manager normally works for me.