control torque and speed

necyil

hello
i am necyil..from Turkey
i would like make a plc program. can u help me?
For Rolling Mill
i need make contro Coiler Torque and speed. I have line speed and coiler speed.
I think for this i need calculate coiler diameter.
May u help me which way i make this

Many thank for your help

Necmettin YILMAZ

I want make control coiler and uncoiler speed with plc. I will use simatic s7.
For this system

I think i must know
-coiler/uncoiler speed
-line speed

i need formula for coiler/uncoiler speed and torque

pls help me

necyil sent me this PM:

hello
is it possible explain me how i control coiler and uncoiler speed and torque (how calculate )
thanks for your help

To necyil,
Please keeep this on the public forum. Other people may come up with better answers to your questions than mine. Other people than just you may benefit from the exchange of ideas.

You said that you know the line speed. Do you know the tension in the material? The formula that I posted allows you to calculate the diameter. Torque is tension (expressed as a force, not as force per unit width) times radius.