Boot IVC Display with a different OS

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an old IVC NP-700i-V2 display. I've been trying to find a way to boot it with a different OS than Windows CE (maybe Android). Google is very quiet on this and I have had zero success so far.

Any advice?

Am I fighting a battle I can't win?

Thanks.

I doubt you would get Android running on it.

I bet you could get Puppy Linux running on it:

http://puppylinux.org/main/Overview and Getting Started.htm

It's worth a try. The problem I can't solve is getting into the boot ROM. I have loaded various OS that should work with the architecture onto CF card, but the panel always boots to the OS stored in its ROM

I have played with the four DIP switches on the back, setting them in all possible combinations, with no luck.

Might just shelve it for bit.

Thanks for the input