RACK - [size=-1]1746-A13;
Remote I/O Scanner - 1747-SN;

Remote I/O - 1794-ASB;
[/size]1794-IB16;
1794-IB16;
1794-IB16;
1794-OB16;
1794-OB16.

The connection is in one side a PLC without I/O cards, i put the scanner on last position in rack (12).

I just use one remote bus with 3 1794-IB16 and 2 1794-OB16. I use original rockwell cable and resistor.
I need help about how to configure G File, and read and write I/O's.

I look this link http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/...250&rdepth=0&sufs=1&order=r&cq=&id=466c5fd83b, but i don't know about it is a software to configure.

Since already grateful for any help.

M.Oliveira
[size=-1][/size][size=-1][/size]

Greetings mrsoliveira ...

first of all, you need to read the User Manual for the 1794-ASB adapter ... click here for the book which covers series E ... if you have another series, you might need to search for the correct book ...

you didn’t tell us everything that we need to know about your system, but the following suggestions MIGHT help you get started ...

I’d suggest that you set the DIP switches on the 1794-ASB for “Rack = 0” and “Starting Group = 0” just to keep things as simple as possible ... this assumes (gosh, I hate that word) that the rest of your system will accommodate these settings ... also make sure that the baud rate DIP switches for the 1747-SN and the 1794-ASB are both set for the same rate ...

IMPORTANT! ... after you change any of the DIP switch settings, you must cycle the power to the 1794-ASB adapter in order for the new settings to take effect ... MANY people have been confused by this ...

as for the G-Data on the 1747-SN module, the settings shown below SHOULD help get you started ...

sn.JPG

if everything works, then the following picture should help you understand how the addressing is assigned for the remote modules that you listed - and assuming that the order listed is the order that the modules are actually placed in the system ...

asb.JPG

note: there are other methods of setting this up that will help optimize your use of the processor’s I/O capability - but I chose this method to be as straightforward as possible ...

also: I usually prefer to test things out in the lab before I post something like this - but right now all of my lab equipment is crated up while we move to new offices ... sorry if I missed anything ... I hope this helps ...

Last edited:
Thats right,

Thanks for help.
I made the configuration that you said, and function, but I configure M0, M1, Scanned Input Words, Scanned Output Words and G File lenght without being certain.
M0: 3300
M1: 3300
SIW: 6
SOW: 5
G File Length:3

In the ASB swithcs, I put all in on position.

This is correct?

Last edited: