Panelview 300 Micro Error Code 40

alexbeatle

Hello, everyone.
Panelview 300 Micro has recently stopped working. It shows error 40 at the startup. According to the manual this error means there is "no executable code to run after boot".

After doing a little bit of research I found that it could very well be due to corrupted project.

Has anybody experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Alex

Has anybody experienced this problem?

No, I haven't ( Power supply, surge protection?). Can you connect to it and download it's program? Hopefully you had a backup.

Last edited:
Yes I have. RSLinx doesn't detect it. Cannot connect to download\upload the program.

Have you connected to it before?

What is the complete catalog number of your PV?

What driver are you using to connect to it?

That sounds like time to call your local AB rep.

Last edited:
Have you connected to it before?

What is the complete catalog number of your PV?

What driver are you using to connect to it?

That sounds like time to call your local AB rep.

Thank you, Mickey

Yes, I have connected it many times before. The machine was working fine for several years. But a few days ago, I was passing by it and saw the error code on the PanelView.

It's a PV300 Micro 2711-M3A18L1 - DF1 protocol.
Since it doesn't boot past the error code, RSLinx cannot autodetect it.

Since the error discription is - "no executable code to run after boot", could the firmware be re-uploaded? Perhaps there is a service mode?

S
ince the error discription is - "no executable code to run after boot", could the firmware be re-uploaded? Perhaps there is a service mode?

Again, it sounds like it's time to call your local AB rep.

Yeah and for this error the price for repair this is 400$ &+ my probleme with ERROR 40 is when i download firmware in panel, my computer having a problem and reboot... but download is not finish..... PanelView 300 say to me error 40 and not boot..!

Service Allen Bradley say to me is 400$ and over for reprogramming it! humm

Pode ser tarde, mas resolvi esse problema fazendo download do firmware.

It may be late, but solved this problem by downloading the firmware.